Overview of Accredited ClassesOakland Center for Spiritual Living is dedicated to creating and offering educational materials to support the evolution of spiritual consciousness. Education is the very core of Science of Mind. Join us as we explore and experience the transformation that Science of Mind can bring to every life! Classes are offered in a trimester calendar beginning in January, May, and September. Registration begins in April, August, and November of each year. As we study our own being, we begin to deduce the nature of God. —The Science of Mind, p. 79
Science of Mind Classes
- Expand your knowledge of spiritual principles;
- Gain practical spiritual tools for everyday use;
- Combine experiential exercises with explanation of the principles of SOM practice;
- Enter more deeply into our spiritual community by meeting and getting to know people from many different backgrounds;
- Taught by experienced practitioners of Science of Mind.
Core CurriculumCore classes are 8 or 10 weeks in duration—one three-hour class per week. All completed course work contributes to the required prerequisites for entry to the Advanced Consciousness Studies Program and Professional Prayer Practitioner Studies.
- The Beyond Limits class is the study of our foundational principles with practical applications for everyday spirituality. Beyond Limits (or Foundations) is a prerequisite for all Core classes.
- Other Core classes (click here to see the catalog of classes) focus on areas of study such as History and Philosophy, Consciousness, and Practical Application. If you’re interested in a class which isn’t being offered, let us know.
- Spiritual Enrichment Courses (click here for current offerings) are short (3 to 5 weeks), practical, and offer a variety of ongoing educational opportunities. There are no prerequisites.